I’m celebrating again!
No. Not because the Ragweed is gone and I’m off Benadryl. I’m still miserable. And drugged. And getting dang tired of it.
It’s because October is Decorative Art Month. Otherwise known as DAM. No. Not really. I mean the DAM part. It really is Decorative Art Month. Or maybe it’s Decorative Painting Month. But that would ruin the DAM thing.
In any case it got me thinking about why I love painting so much and what it means to me.
So here are the top 10 reasons why I love to paint.
I’m just going to be real honest with you here and tell you the true reasons. No embellishments. No sappy stuff. Don’t be shocked.
These are not necessarily in order of their importance. I just wrote them as I thought of them.
1. It’s something to do when I’m bored. Or sad. Or mad. It takes my mind off of whatever is bothering me, and before long I’m in a good mood again
2. Painting feeds my creative soul
3. It enables me to make interesting and beautiful items to decorate my house
4. I can also create beautiful gifts for others
5. I can make money to buy more stuff
6. Admiration of others. I know of at least one – besides Hubby Dear
7. I’ve made some wonderful friendships over the years through painting
8. I’ve also enjoyed watching other painters in my classes become good friends because of their mutual interest in painting
9. I love teaching. Why? I don’t know. But painting gives me something to teach
10. Travel. I’ve been so blessed to receive invitations to teach in many places.
So what do you love about painting?
To celebrate Decorative Painting Month I’m giving away 2 selected sets of my Bringle Blenders.
Just tell me in a comment what you love about painting. You have until Saturday night, 10:00 PM Central time. Then I’ll pick two numbers out of that hat, box, bowl, bucket – and I’ll let you know the winners.
Thanks for playing my game.
And Happy Decorative Painting Month!
Now you know my secrets,